Bananas are extremely nutritious, and having them with fiber-rich bread can be very good for your health. A banana bread recipe, prepared at home, can be super-delicious as well as healthy. Find out how to prepare this recipe at home.
Gather the ingredients
First, you have to collect all these ingredients:
- Bananas – 4
- Butter – 1/3 cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 1/3 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Flour – 1 ½ cups
- Salt (a sprinkling)
You will also need utensils like loaf pan (4 X 8 deep), fork, a large bowl, a teaspoon, an wooden spoon, an oven, a cup (for ingredients measurement) and cooling rack. You may or may not include raisins.
How to Prepare a Banana Bread Recipe?
- The preparation time will be around 5 minutes, while baking the recipe in an oven will take about1 hour.
- Preheat your oven at 175 ° C or 350 ° F prior to laying your hands on the recipe ingredients. This will make sure that the oven is preheated when the time comes to add the bread-banana mix and cook it.
- Remove the peel from your bananas. Place the skinless bananas into the bowl. Use the fork to mash them up.
- Use the wooden spoon to combine the mashed up banana with the butter in the bowl.
- Add in the egg, and go on mixing. Then, add in vanilla, sugar and raisins and continue mixing.
- Add the baking soda and salt while continuing mixing.
- Add in the flour, and go on mixing for some more time.
- Before scooping or pouring the mix into the pan, butter it.
- Put the pan in the oven, and make it stay there for 1 hour.
- Take it off the oven, and then put in over the cooling rack.
- Garnish as you like, or have it as it is.
The entire recipe can be prepared easily, in just a few easy steps. You can sprinkle a few nuts or raisins on top and enjoy the recipe as you want. It can be made by anyone, irrespective of the amount of expertise that he or she has in the kitchen. This is a simple recipe but can be very healthy for you, and can be prepared at a short notice for guests or visitors.